Call for Abstracts NOW CLOSED
2016 NATIONAL LEGIONELLA CONFERENCE – GOLD COAST QUEENSLAND 7th & 8th November 2016
Minimising the Risk
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The National Legionella Conference aims to share emerging research, best practice, innovative products, workplace tools, models and ideas. The conference is the year’s best opportunity for hospital administrators, health industry workers, hydraulic designers , engineers and plumbing industry professionals to gain knowledge in contemporary Legionella risk management practices.
Major focus at the conference will be on water risk management in healthcare facilities and the Public Health (Water Risk Management) Amendment Bill 2016
The Conference ensures many opportunities to discuss and explore ideas as well as learn about cutting edge practice and research. The conference supports people who have new and innovative concepts, theories, research and ideas to test and share with colleagues.
The Conference Organising Committee is seeking proposals for:
- Keynote addresses (40 min)
- Single or shared oral presentations (25 mins) + 5 min Q & A
Speakers/ Presenters should expect to register for the conference and will be offered discount “speaker” rates for the conference.
Abstracts must be submitted using the online system. Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstracts will be made by email.
- Title of presentation/ workshop
- Session Type (keynote, single presentation or shared presentation,)
- Length of session (Key Note -40 minutes or Single/shared presentation 30mins including Q & A.)
- Presenter name(s) Presenter’s position and workplace/ company
- Abstract - A summary of 100 – 150 words describing the issue/ presentation. Abstracts will be used in the Conference Program.
Abstracts Open: Monday - 1st August July 2016
Abstracts close Friday - 2nd Sept.(EXTENDED UNTIL Friday 9th September)
Speakers notified of acceptance: Friday - 16th September 2016
The conference will also include trade show introducing attendees to new and Innovative products and systems.
Day 2 of the conference will be specifically aimed towards plumbing inspectors.